Wednesday 12 March 2014

Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe

In my spare time, one of my favourite things to do is bake and whilst snooping at Tanya Burr's blog one day I came across this chocolate cookie recipe. The cookies looked so yummy that I just had to make my own with a few minor changes here and there as I never truly stick to a recipe! Mine also came out a richer looking colour as I think I added a rather generous amount of cocoa powder! These cookies are hands down the gooiest, most chocolaty and most delicious cookies EVER. The moist texture reminds me a bit of brownies, so if you're a lover of all sweet things, be that brownies or cookies, you've definitely come to the right place.

To make 10 large cookies you will need:

200g butter

300g caster sugar

1 large egg

75g cocoa powder

A dash of milk

A bar of milk, white and dark chocolate

Start by setting your oven to gas mark 6 or 200 degrees celcius. Then mix together your butter and sugar using an electrical whisk until a buttercream like consistency. If your mixture is looking a bit like scrambled eggs, keep going and most importantly, don't lose faith!


Next, crack your egg into the bowl and keep whisking for an even smoother consistency.




Add all of your dry ingredients and whisk away! If your mixture is looking extremely dry, add some milk to loosen it up - mine was definitely in need of some! Once all of my milk and dry ingredients had been mixed thoroughly, I found that mine looked a bit like chocolate mousse.





Now for the best part! Break all of your chocolate up into squares and stir it in your mixture.


Line two baking trays with baking parchment or foil. I used baking parchment and greased them with butter just to be on the safe side. It's then time to get messy! Dive in and separate your mixture into 10 hand-sized balls - bearing in mind that my hands aren't exactly the largest! I think it is best to start smaller as you can always add to them if you have any left-over mixture.



All that is left now is to pop them in the oven! The balls will spread into a normal cookie shape whilst baking so don't position them too close together. My cookies took about 13 minutes to cook, but depending on the size of your cookies the time can vary. You'll also find that the cookies don't look cooked when you first take them out of the oven, but if you leave them to cool for 10 minutes or so they will set and harden up. 



And voilĂ , you are done! I always like to try cookies new from the oven once hardened as I find they are so lovely when eaten warm. These cookies are also amazing eaten cool and they stay fresh for a long time if kept in an air tight container. Ours were all gone in our household after two days though!


If you decide to make these cookies, let me know how they turn out!

"Where there's a whisk, there's a way." - Unknown

Lots of love,

Lily 

No comments:

Post a Comment