Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Cupcakes!

I'm sure you're all more than aware that the Easter celebrations are about to commence. I didn't get round to doing as many creative things this year as I would have liked for no good excuse other than I have simply been enjoying having some time off and seeing friends! There is one thing I always have time for though... and that is cupcakes! I am a keen baker and I love getting stuck into cake projects where I can practice my sugarcraft and try out new things. This isn't a recipe post, I just wanted to share with you the cupcakes I made in the hope that some of you might gain some inspiration - there's still some time after all!



I found myself more busy than usual this Easter holiday so I kept things easy with this simple design. Usually I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these annual projects I set myself, but I was surprisingly more laid-back with these cupcakes. 


They're no where near perfect, but they're 100% homemade so you can get away with that, right? 


The cakes are a coconut sponge with a white chocolate buttercream. Coconut and white chocolate is one of my favourite combinations for cakes and I tend to use it a lot! I did all of the sugarcraft myself too. Pastel blue seemed the perfect colour for the festivity and you obviously can't make Easter cupcakes without sticking on some chicks and butterflies. The pearls embellished around the blue discs add a cute, vintage look to the cupcakes too.


Have a lovely Easter filling up on chocolate and maybe some cupcakes too!

"Easter is the only time of year when it's perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket." - Kurt Avish

Lots of love,

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment