Saturday 14 June 2014

Kylie Jenner Makeup Look

So Kylie Jenner has recently re-vamped her makeup look and is looking hotter than ever. Whatever her makeup artist is doing with her face, I LOVE it and so I tried to recreate her classic look at the moment - full, beige lips with winged eyeliner and fluttery lashes.

I originally filmed a tutorial for this as I am thinking of starting a YouTube channel mainly dedicated to makeup and beauty. I'm not entirely sure about that at the moment though so I wanted to share the video on here in the meantime. Turns out it wouldn't let me upload such a large file anyway so I have screen-shot the video and decided to take you through step by step instead. I just wanted to point that out incase you are wondering why the image quality isn't so great or may be a bit blurred!


I started by priming by skin using Benefit's Porefessional to minimise the appearance of my pores and also prevent my foundation from caking.



I applied my favourite foundation Loreal's True Match onto my skin using a Real Technique's Stippling Brush.



I then brightened and highlighted my under-eye area, nose bridge and the centre of my forehead using M.A.C Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC20


Using a dark brown eyeshadow, I filled in my eyebrows to look more like Kylie's. Her eyebrows are highly arched and very defined. I then brushed them through with an eyebrow spoolie to keep them soft and natural looking.



As for contouring, I used Nars Laguna Bronzer to sculpt my cheekbones and jaw line for a sharper jaw. Kylie also has a very straight, narrow nose so I tried my best to make my nose a similar shape.




I also blended the same bronzer in my eye crease as it made for the perfect matte brown.


I then washed Naked Lunch, a shimmery nude from M.A.C, over my eyelid, in the tear duct and on the brow bone. 


For bigger eyes, I lined my waterline with the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yoghurt.


I find it a lot easier to wing out eyeliner using a felt tip liner. This is Extreme from Collection 2000. All I do is line my lash line and draw a flick in line with my bottom lash line and join it all together.


For mascara, I used Soap and Glory's Thick and Fast even though I did apply falsies. This way, my eyelashes were curled and shapely, which made it a lot easier to fix the eyelashes. 


 Using the same bronzer I used in my crease, I applied it underneath my bottom lash line for some added drama.


The eyelashes I used were from Nyx and were called Golddigga. They were perfectly fluttery for a Kylie Jenner look! When applying lashes, I wait for the glue to go tacky and position them on my lash line using tweezers. 


To achieve the bronze glow that Kylie has, I used Bronze Pearl from Physician's Formula and Margin from M.A.C on the apples of my cheeks. I also further highlighted with Benefit's High Beam


Kylie's recent fuller lips have sparked a lot of accusations of her going under the knife. The truth is though, all you need is a lip liner and a lipstick! I used a M.A.C lipliner called Stripdown and a M.A.C lipstick called Yash over the the top.



And here is the finished look!

Trying to pose like Kylie!


Don't feel afraid to try out new looks or experiment with makeup! 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel

Lots of love,

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment