Saturday 26 July 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette Review & Drugstore Alternative

After lots of eyeing up and research, I finally indulged in buying the Urban Decay Electric Palette and I have to say it was the best decision EVER. The pigmentation of these bold colours is seriously insane and I am slightly in love with the packaging too.

First things first, we need to talk about the obvious. I know that colour isn't for everyone and the thought of yellow eyeshadow might scare some. For me though, the wacky colours are so fun to work with and introducing colour into your makeup will not only brighten your face and make you feel happier, but you'll be sure to stand out from the crowd. After all, sometimes you just have to dare to be different! If you happen to be a colour lover though, or you're keen to change things up, I would definitely recommend investing in this palette. 



Now I'm not expecting you to model this around your local supermarket or anything like that, but these types of eyeshadows would be ideal for fashion shows and partying in exotic environments or at home for that matter! Here is an example of a look I created using ALL of the eyeshadows - I just couldn't choose one so thought I'd incorporate them all in one look!



 I've already touched upon how great the pigmentation of these eyeshadows are, but it really is something I under-estimated when trying them out for the first time. Usually I'd use a white base underneath to make the colours pop even more, but the colour that these eyeshadows produce on their own is truly amazing. 



I can't lie and say that the palette is cheap because it isn't, but it certainly is value for money. You're getting exactly what you pay for as the quality is outstanding and I can't see myself having to buy another one for a long time yet. They also throw in an Urban Decay double ended brush (a basic eyeshadow brush and a smaller brush for precision detailing) for £38.

If you're looking for something similar but perhaps a bit more affordable though, I have a great drugstore alternative. The Sleek i-Divine Rio Palette isn't exactly a dupe of the Electric palette as there are a different range of colours, but both palettes are pretty similar in the sense that the eyeshadows are bright and funky. 






The pigmentation isn't as good as the Electric Palette but still excellent in it's own right and at a fraction of the price at £8 I can't complain. A couple of coats and you're good to go. I also happen to love the colours in this palette, they're a bit more warm-toned and wearable compared to the Electric Palette but still bright enough to make a statement.



If you are a fan of this palette, it can be found at most drugstores; I got mine from Superdrug. It is a limited edition though so be quick! You can find the Electric Palette at Debenhams, House of Fraser or online. 

"A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear." - Marilyn Monroe

Lots of love, 

Lily

20 comments:

  1. This looks great, you're really talented!
    Great Post xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makeup looked absolutely stunning. I'm quite scared of using bright colours as I might end up looking like a clown but I think you might have persuaded me to buy the sleek palette. x :)

    http://findingyourmerryinthemiddle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Ah I know exactly what you mean, but as long as you wear them with confidence you can't go wrong! Ah I'm happy to hear that :) x

      Delete
  3. The palette looks stunning, and Urban Decay palettes are a huge weakness of mine! Your make up is absolutely gorgeous, you really are talented! I love this post :) x

    www.lalalasunaina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't get enough of their Naked palettes! Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  4. The colours look so pretty and pigmented, not sure if i could actually use it though & what a great dupe find

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really are! Ah yes I understand that they can look a bit daunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through a comment on Instagram and I love it! You are one talented lady! I've got a blog too that I put a lot of effort in so if anyone could check it out and follow me then I would really appreciate it! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://ashakiggins.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Your blog is fantastic - I am now following you on bloglovin' :) x

      Delete
  7. that makeup look is beautiful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some Raybans of your choice + a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow that's amazing and so kind of you! It means so much to me, thank you! Best of luck with your blog too and I will answer your questions ASAP :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Ooh I'll have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! lovely post, and love the blog! definitely following xx

    kathrinewinona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Thank you very much! I am now following you too - your blog is great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This review was really helpful! I actually purchased a naked palette from Urban Decay today and seen this one! The colours are very bold and I'm not sure i'd be daring enough to wear them out, but it looks like a really fun palette to try out! I love your blog and my blog is quite similar to yours and it would really mean a lot to me if you checked mine out and maybe left a comment telling me what you think? You don't have to though :) xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you found it helpful! Oooh I love the Naked palettes! What one did you get? Maybe you're best bet is to play about with colour before committing to buying the Electric palette :) Thank you very much, of course I will! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog, your photos are great! also this look is amazing xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I love your blog too xx

    ReplyDelete