Wednesday 27 August 2014

Nutella & Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe

There's nothing more satisfying than tearing open a brownie to find a gooey centre, is there? These brownies are incredibly moist and sooo delicious. I actually followed a Nutella brownie recipe from Mother Tyme (I love her blog!) not so long ago and was so happy with the results that I was eager to bake them again. I didn't quite have enough Nutella though so I played about a bit and came up with the yummy combination of Nutella and peanut butter! The saltiness of the peanut butter cuts through the rich chocolate and there is a slight hint of nuttiness. If you're not a fan of peanut butter, you can just stick to Nutella and vice versa. 


To make around 6 big brownies or 9 small brownies you will need:

3/4 cup flour

1/3 cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs

Approximately 2 heaped tablespoons of Nutella and peanut butter (the more the better!)

Dark chocolate

Start by pre-heating your oven to gas mark 4 (180 degrees or 350 degrees fahrenheit) and cream the eggs and sugar together


Slowly add the eggs, followed by Nutella and peanut butter and continue mixing

It's surprisingly difficult cracking an egg with one hand and trying to take a photo of it in mid-air!


Pour the flour into the mixture and, you guessed it, mix!


This is optional but I decided to break up a few squares of dark chocolate for a gooey chocolaty surprise!


Grease a brownie tin (approximately 6"6) or line with baking paper and pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes


Like I've already said, these brownies are so moist and gooey that you might assume they are undercooked when they aren't. I found 40 minutes to be the perfect baking time


Mmmm... just look at the chocolate oozing!


As always, I'd love to see your recreations if you attempt to make these! I promise you won't be disappointed!

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." - Charles Dickens

Lots of love,

Lily


35 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I need to try this :)

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Good luck if you do and let me know how they turn out! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds absolutely amazing! I am definitely going to try it! I followed your blog and I'd really appreciate it if you went over to my blog and followed me back? Great post xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, let me know how they turn out! Sure :) xx

      Delete
  3. wow these look amazing, im so hungry right now and these have made me even more hungry haha xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do apologise! If only there was a way of being able to magically send you one of these brownies via the internet! xx

      Delete
  4. Looks so delicious! :)


    www.beautybyadnill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Let me know how they turn out if you do! :)

      Delete
  6. uhmm i kind of have to try this recipe asappp
    i love chocolate so much its so bad!

    Click here for a similar blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post :)
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I love the Charles Dickens quote! And the brownies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so good!! xx
    http://keighly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god - this looks incredible!!! I'm having such a sweet tooth at the moment!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! I love moist gooey brownies. I always overcook them though!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG the two greatest things in the world in one!
    Nutella and Peanut Butter <3

    www.bcfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, these look glorious! Definitely hope to give them a try- thank you for sharing!

    http://distortedcuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are unbelievably yummy! Ooh please do share with me if you do make them. I'd love to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness!! Nutella and peanut butter are two of my favourite things! And I love brownies! I have to try these. Will let you know how I get on :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jayde

    http://dandelionsdaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! That's great, please do! Hope they go well :)

      Delete