Sunday 8 March 2015

BLOGIVERSSARY!

Happy Birthday to blog, happy Birthday to blog, bla bla bla.... you get the record. Today my blog turned 1 year old! What a baby! I can't quite believe I've had this little space of the internet for a whole year though. 

When I first evaluated how far I've come in that small but quite lengthy amount of time my inital reaction was bleurgh. You know like the shock of a bath bomb hitting the water then fizzing out. Not because I haven't LOVED this past year of blogging, or not appreciated anyone who has left a comment or followed my blog, but because I felt like my blog is moving slooooow. What I mean by that is a year down the line, I've only secured 71 GFC followers and 50 Bloglovin' followers.

I then immediately water slapped my bath bomb self and returned to earth as I realised how shallow I sounded. All water puns intended. Yeah my blog isn't a revolution, it might not be regularly viewed and you might not even be reading this as I sit and consider my words. But you know what, none of that even matters to me because I can sit back and say I'm happy with my content and the effort that I put into my blog. It's just a hobby and since when did people market their hobbies? Sure, I'd love to become an overnight sensation but until I do I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing and writing what I'm writing because it brings me happiness and that was the aim when I first created this blog. 






I want to throw it back to my first ever blog post - an introductory one all about myself (how egotistical) in the hopes that anyone who is new to my site can learn a bit about who I am and what this blog is about. 

View the original post here. ROLL ON 14 YEAR OLD ME...

Seeing as I am new to the world of blogging, I thought there would be no better way to introduce myself than a first blog all about moi. 

I'm not one for self-indulging or anything, but I feel it is important to know a little bit about the person behind the blog - the rest you will probably learn as I continue to write blog posts!

So firstly, my name is Lily Rose Lowe (lilyroselowe was taken so I had to settle for lilyroselo) and I am 14 years old. I have always had a passion for writing and I love the idea of reflecting who I am through my posts and sharing my life in a sort of online scrapbook! 

A few more of my loves include makeup, fashicumon, drawing and baking. Oh and did I mention that I am a huuuuge Disney fanatic? I am forever being told to return to the real world, as being an Aquarian I can often be foolish and impractical. The truth is though, I love my crazy, fantasy world and there's no place I'd rather be!

My dream in life is to be happy. I know that sounds so cliché, but I genuinely believe that you should do whatever you are interested in, as we perform best at what we like. I am confident that blogging will bring a lot of happiness into my life, not only as a cool new hobby but because I am also considering journalism as a career path and writing blog posts will be a more casual and laid-back way of practicing my writing skills and expressing my personality. 

There was a lot of umm-ing and ahh-ing about creating a blog - what would the people at school think? Would anybody be interested for that matter? After plenty of debating, I decided that I needed to just throw myself forward if I want to succeed in this big, daunting world and stop worrying about what others think and start focusing on what makes me happy.

I am really excited to start writing blog posts so be prepared for lots of recipes, fashion lookbooks, makeup tutorials and chatty posts about what I've been up to! 

Over the past year I've definitely acumilated a few favourite posts I've written, some that have barely even be viewed, but they're the ones that I put a lot of effort in to or make me feel happiest when I look back. Feel free to have a snoop!


A massive thank you goes out to any of you who have followed my blog, left a comment or even read one of my posts from start to finish. It means so much to me!

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." - Steve Jobs

Lots of love,

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment