Sunday 1 March 2015

February Favourites

Hey guys! I thought I'd try something new today with a never-before-done favourites post! It's basically a roundup of all the items I've been loving this month, so let's get started! 

First up... Stila One Step Correct. Can we just talk about the packaging for a minute? The way the different colours are all pretty and swirly baffles me, I love it! I got this from Marks & Spencers (who knew there was such makeup glory lurking in M&S?!) for £24 after hearing all the hype about this product.  Well I have to say this primer really is a miracle worker, perfect for any of you who suffer with redness like me as the green is great for combatting that. The lilac minimizes sallow tones so I like to put this under my eyes where I get a lot of dullness and the peach is just an overall brightener for the skin. This feels lovely and light on the skin, and I can actually see it balancing out my skin tone from the minute I apply it - a real winner! 



I've been eager to try the Rimmel Provocalips Lip Lacquers for quite some time now being a keen 'over-drawer' when it comes to the lip department. What I mean to say is I have quite thin lips so I'll usually line my lips quite heavily for more definition and shape, which looks great at first but it's such a pain if you're planning to eat a lot (or kiss - wink wink) and I'll often find myself checking in the mirror only to see No. Remains. Of. Lips. Anywhere. This is why I was in need of something super long-wearing and I have to say, long-wearing isn't even the word for this product. This literally doesn't come off. It goes on at first a lovely shiny, quite sheer gloss and then when you set it with the white transparent lacquer it becomes matte and completely sets. You'll have to try it to see what I mean but you can literally rub your mouth intensely or scrub your lips with a toothbrush and this won't budge! I finally got mine off after a long sleep and hardcore scrubbing, but trust me, it wasn't easy! This might be a huge put off for some, but like I previously mentioned, I love a lip product that is guaranteed to stay. They're also reasonably priced around the £5-7 mark, depending where you shop.
L - R - 200 I'll Call You (A dark purplish pink) and 110 Dare to Pink (A light, nudey pink)

I've rekindled my love with a trusty favourite in the past, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. This eyebrow pencil is completely unique to any brow pencil I've used before with an ultra fine nip and softer, waxier texture perfect for drawing on fine hairs. The spoolie on the other end is also so dense which makes brushing the brows out a delight and keeps them nice and natural looking. This definitely is more on the pricey side at £15 but it is worth every penny in my mind as it makes filling in the brows so easy!





I was always a 'felt tip liner kinda gal', usually Collection 2000 was my go-to, that was until I finally decided to take the plunge outside of my comfort zone and try a gel liner. I wasn't (and still aren't) entirely sure of the ins and outs of gel liner but I was aware of how frequently used it is by professionals in the makeup industry when getting that desired wing shape. I still need a lot of practice, and a slightly better angled brush (my Hair & Makeup Addiction one is getting a little rugged for want of a better word) but I'm getting more and more used to the gel consistency and also enjoy wearing winged eyeliner now (something I wasn't too fond of on my self when I used felt tip). This Maybelline Lasting Drama one is great for beginners as it's completely affordable at the price of £7.99 and isn't too scary to work with. It also comes with a brush so even more bang for your buck!



Moving on to non-beauty favourites, my read this month has been a book by Karen Joy Fowler called "We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves". I don't want to spoil too much as there is a full in depth book review coming up very soon so stay on the look out if you're interested, but this book completely took me by surprise and really fascinated me as it's like nothing I've read before. I definitely recommend it if you're one for thinking in new ways and learning new things. 



A food favourite this month (and every other month of the year quite frankly) is Sultana Bran. That's right, good old substantial sultana bran. I have this for breakfast every morning and it's great for providing myself with the well-needed energy for the day (I don't need to go on about how important breakfast is, do I kids?) and is even more tasty with some banana!




I'm also obsessed with my phone case at the moment. This was a real bargain, only £2 from Primark! It's just so pretty and mesmerising with the iridescent shattered glass effect with undertones of blues, greens and lilacs. It actually reminds be a lot of an ice bar or something from Frozen!



This month I've started watching an American ABC series called Revenge on my Now TV - another thing I've been loving! If you're a fan of Pretty Little Liars you'll love this with the same genre of drama/mystery. It's set in the Hamptons and is about a girl trying to right the wrongs done to her family by making them pay the price. I'm only on season 1 but I am addicted so far!



Lastly, and quite randomly, I've been loving roses because it is of course the month of lurveeeee. We've had them scattered about our house for the past week and a bit and I can't help but admire their beauty everytime I walk past them. They remind me of one of my favourite Disney films Beauty and the Beast and fresh flowers always make me happy!



What have you been loving throughout the course of February? 

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to me nice." - Unknown

Lots of love,

Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment