Wednesday 2 September 2015

AN OILY WEEK.

So it's been an absolute scorcher this week!!!

I haven't been able to get any sunbathing in which I am so upset about. Luckily, I  recently purchased the St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial oil and I am loving it! This product promises to provide a natural looking streak-free tan that lasts for up to 5 days.

The formula is super lightweight, non-greasy and quick-drying. I would never usually put tan on my face as I like to look after my skin and keep it clean, but this oil is sold as NON PORE BLOCKING so I had to give it a try!

Oils are amazing for the skin. For ages I have been worried about using a facial oil as I have oily skin myself and worried I would end up with a big shiny spotty face but I have to say they make a really nice change from a regular moisturiser.

Facial oils are lipophilic, or fat loving, they pass though the lipid layer of the skin faster, preventing water loss and plumping skin with moisture more effectively.  They also help the skin to absorb better, so by applying a little oil before any other products you are opening your skin up to drinking up any benefits of your other products!

 Last week I made an extra effort to head down to the gym, as I had a bit of a naughty week and a half where a lot of chocolate and pastries were consumed. YUM! I always say, everything in moderation, and it's actually quite nice to get back in to a healthy routine. I went back to doing regular gym, normally about 45 mins cardio and some abs... and I  even stepped it up and gear and went to an INSANITY class. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It was no Zumba let's put it that way!!!

 Insanity is interval training at it's best. 

You work out really hard in 3 - 5 minute blocks, have around 30 seconds rest then go back at it with even more attack. There were lots of burpees, squatting, planking etc. It's so fast paced and I can really see how people get incredible results. I may have had to simplify a couple of the moves as I won't lie I was close to throwing up....

Along with gymming, I have been drinking Apple Cider Vinegar - From The Mother morning and night to give my body a natural detox.

Apple Cider Vinegar is AH MA ZING. It's super cheap, can be purchased anywhere and has multiple uses! I love using it on my skin as a natural toner. It kills bacteria so is great for evenening out skin tone and keeping spots at bay. I particulary love to drink a table spoon with a glass of water, as there is research to show that it helps lower cholesterol, burns fat, and even reduces risks of illness.

You can also use it if you suffer with dandruff/sensitive scalps (spray half water half cider vinegar on to your scalp and wrap in a towel for an hour, then rinse) , to help skin irritations such as bug bites to stinging nettle bites and even to reduce foot odour!!

You can get it at any health food store and in most supermarkets. There are also Apple Cider Vinegar capsules which come in handy for those who can't get used to the vinegary taste of the liquid!! 

Finally, I have been loving Bio-Oil lately, smothering it EVERYWHERE! I use this stuff all over my body just like a moisturiser, and have recently started using it as part of my nightly skin care. 

At first I thought it would make me break out, but after doing some research I have found that it actually heals the skin and gets rid of spots. A little goes a long way with this, and I have been using it all over my face after removing my make up.

Bio Oil also has other incredible properties and is particularly great for healing scars, aging and uneven skin tone = WINNING FACE PRODUCT! This is definitely a product to always keep handy.

This product is a great long term investment, as it tightens and evens skin before it get's too late. Prevention is ALWAYS better than cure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment